Lake County Land Trust
OPERATIONS COORDINATOR JOB DESCRIPTION
The Operations Coordinator is a part-time position (15-20 hours per week) that reports to the Executive Director of the Lake County Land Trust. The Operations Coordinator will perform bookkeeping duties, maintain donor database, and assist with fundraising and events. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Make bank deposits and enter all transactions in QuickBooks (or other bookkeeping program as acquired). Maintain and develop, as needed, account and sub-account structure for tracking of grants and appropriated funds. Reconcile bank accounts at month-end. Prepare QuickBooks reports (P&L, Balance Sheet, etc.) and email to Treasurer prior to monthly Board Meetings.
- Maintain donor records using eTapestry (donor database). Develop and send appropriate forms of “thank you/tax deductibility” letters to donors as related to donation specifics. Enter information on donors or potential supporter collected at events and from volunteer sign-in sheets into database.
- Prepare quarterly payroll tax submission and W-2/W3 forms at year-end. Obtain as needed W-9 forms from contractors/vendors, prepare IRS form 1099 for year-end taxes. Coordinate with CPA to file taxes.
- Meet with Finance Committee to compare “actual” vs. Budget figures, and to draft Budget for coming fiscal year.
- Maintain organizational records, including those relating to insurance, non-profit status, property tax exemptions, etc.
Events (30%) (most preparations will be done during the week, but most events occur on a weekend day and will therefore require some weekend work):
- Coordinate editing, printing, and mailing of invitations.
- Prepare for each event as needed. Depending on the event, this can include obtaining Liquor License, maintaining online spreadsheets of attendees, sponsors, donors, and silent auction items. Prepare bid sheets for auction.
- Assist at event setting up check-in and auction tables, informational displays, dinners and auction items. Assist with checking in attendees and handling payment for dinners.
- Post-event: reconcile funds, process credit card charges and make bank deposits. Finalize spreadsheets, and draft report for ED/Board.
- Assist ED with drafting yearly calendar and other miscellaneous documents as directed.
- Coordinate all bulk mailing.
- Coordinate volunteers for Rodman office-related help and activities.
- Monitor and order supplies, as necessary.
- AA degree preferred
- Bookkeeping experience
- Experience with accounting and organizational record keeping, including a working knowledge of Excel, Quickbooks and other databases
- Experience working with nonprofit groups
- Able to work independently and also with committees
- Committed to goals and vision of Lake County Land Trust
Salary $15.00 per hour, depending upon qualifications. 15-20 hours per week.
Revised March 21, 2016 by Personnel Committee